Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ojai Music Festival

Today is my second day of interning at the Ojai Music Festival. It's been pretty good so far, not too crazy or intense, but definitely busy. The days are 9 to 5, so it's kind of a long day but I enjoy it. The other interns are pretty cool, too. They're all ridiculously smart and knowledgeable in music and composition and everything else that has to do with music - I feel a little weird not knowing everything that they do. I'm also the youngest intern here. The next youngest is going to be a Junior in college, and the oldest just graduated from grad school. So I guess it's normal for me to not be as knowledgeable as they are, considering I haven't had as many years of studying music as everyone else. Oh well. Anyway, I'm pretty excited for next week. It's supposed to get pretty crazy and busy and all the artists are going to start coming in and arriving and having rehearsals and such; it'll be cool to see all that happen. Also, just a little random side note, Jeffrey Haydon, the executive director of the festival, is a graduate of the University of Puget Sound! He's basically the reason why I got this internship. A family friend met him at a function and told him about me and he gave all his information to her to pass along to me. So once she gave it all to me, I emailed him asking about any available internships or other positions that I could apply for and he pointed me in this direction and I applied and I'm pretty sure you can guess the rest of that story. He's super friendly and really cool, I'm looking forward to getting to know him a little better in the next couple of weeks. Also, you should become a fan of the Ojai Music Festival on facebook, right HERE :D
It's an amazing event every year and you should definitely look into it and maybe think of attending one or some of the performances next year!
Okay, gotta go do more intern duties. Bye!

P.s. I hope everyone's having a good summer :]

No comments:

Post a Comment