Thursday, June 3, 2010

The life of an intern

I'm gonna do some updates on my internship at the Ojai Music Festival on here for the next couple of weeks, just fyi.
Today was ridiculous, not a bad ridiculous, but crazy. It wasn't that crazy of a morning, but it definitely picked up pretty quickly. Most of my projects today were fairly simple, but the big project [that I started on Tuesday, and still isn't done] was the source of my stress today: the Artist Packages. Oh.My.God. These things are taking forever to finally get together perfectly. Some are missing, some people don't have one, we ran out of bags, we're missing lanyard name tags, we need to make more, those are in the wrong pile. So many different issues. But, finally, they're almost done. The only thing that they all need now is the schedules, and to be delivered. Then, I will be done with them and be happy to give them out! I was so busy today, I forgot to eat lunch until 3.30-ish and even then, I didn't have much of a lunch break; I was just eating while I went through the bags and sorting them all out. This was also a long day: 9am to 5.30pm. Which I guess really isn't that long of a day, but considering the fact that the two days before today I had gotten out around 4.30, it seemed extra long with 2 cups of coffee instead of 1. Yes, my coffee addiction is continuing to be fed...and I LOVE it. I love coffee, don't hate don't judge.
Today my father also came by to say hi...random, but it was cool. It wasn't completely random though. He's going on an early-morning hike tomorrow with some friends in the Castaic Lake area, and Ojai isn't that far from there so he decided to come by here and then head over there for the night. Anyway, we went out to a nice dinner and he treated, yay! I'm so full right now.
So today was a long busy day, I'm exhausted and I have to get up early again to be ready for another full day tomorrow! Tomorrow George Benjamin and Tom Morris are coming to Ojai! I wonder if I'll meet them? That would be cool, but who knows. All I know is that their Artist Packages are FIRST on the list to complete tomorrow morning.
Okay, I'm gonna fall asleep soon. Goodnight! And I'll keep posting more things up here about the internship. Time to get some Bedhead :]

No comments:

Post a Comment