Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Festival Week

[I wrote this last night but wasn't able to post it until today]
It's the week of the festival, the few days before it begins, the days in which everything needs to be finished. Yesterday, I got trained for the box office and we set up everything there. Today was my first full day in the box office. It wasn't crazy at all, it was the perfect time to learn everything there is to know in running box office. Of course, I probably haven't learned everything, but I've learned the basics, at least. Not much has been happening besides all the setting up and printing of tickets and organizing of things. But it's pretty cool to see the transformation of the park take place. All the tents were going up today, in the park, and lighting and sound was being figured out in the bowl. Rehearsals were also going on and it was nice to be able to listen to it all from box office. I actually got to sit in on some of the rehearsal today and filmed some of Ensemble Modern and George Benjamin for Christiana. I think she's going to be posting those videos on the festival's facebook page and/or the actual website. I also filmed some of the rehearsal on my own camera, I'll add the video at the end of this post for you to watch and listen to!

It's really cool being a part of the festival. I get access to basically everything. It's actually kind of weird because I can go back stage and to the dressing rooms and watch everything and it's not even a problem. I've never been involved in a music festival in this way, so it's definitely exciting and fun. I'm looking forward to the rest of this week and the weekend and hopefully being able to watch a few of the performances myself. Anyway, it's late and I'm tired so, goodnight!

Here's the video I took today from stage left. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment