Sunday, February 28, 2010

Girl Talk at The Puge

So tonight was Girl Talk's concert here at the University of Puget Sound. It was pretty legit, like a huge dance party - which was super fun. Taylor and I stuck together the whole time and we had tons of fun. It's weird that the concert ended so early though, I've never been to one that's been over by 10pm; I guess it's because it's on a Sunday night at a college.
Anyway, so my thoughts on Girl Talk: he has good mixes, but basically just plays his song mixes straight off of his laptop rather than mixing live, which is kind of disappointing. I've seen tons DJs perform live, and they always have their laptop and a digital turn table - probably something like Serato? - and you can tell that they're mixing their songs right then and there. But Girl Talk definitely was not doing that, he just had two laptops out and yea...that's kind of lame, but I guess it's not horrible. At least he puts on decent shows, but I was surprised that the lights weren't more elaborate.
Honestly, I'm hardcore jealous of all the people who were on the stage! A few of my friends were up there and I wanted to be up there so bad! It would've been amazing.
And to all the people who were f***ed up on alcohol and e: have fun waking up tomorrow morning and going to class!

Don't forget to listen to KUPS 90.1FM Tacoma The Sound Wednesday morning from 7 to 9am! [and every other moment of your life]


:]

No comments:

Post a Comment