Monday, October 25, 2010

Voice Lessons

I just got back to my room from my voice lesson this week. They're 30 minutes long, every Monday at 4pm. The thing that is not so great about that is the fact that so many long weekends occur on Mondays, so I've already lost 2 voice lessons this semester [one from Labor Day weekend and one from Fall Break]. But, I guess it's just something I have to live with and work around. Also, it forces me to actually practice more throughout the weeks so I don't completely fall behind.
My voice teacher is Michael Delos. I googled him once and found out all of the great things that he has done. I think it's such a privilege to be part of a music program that has access to some amazing musicians from all over the world who are continually involved with the music industry through performing, composing, etc. Although I am no longer a music major, I still enjoy being a performer. It was my favorite part of the program: voice lessons and choir. I may complain about having to go to them sometimes, but singing literally makes me feel better. I'm always in a better mood once I finish a lesson or rehearsal and I just want to keep singing more and more. I don't know what it is, but there's just something about music that uplifts me and makes me forget about any worries or stress I may have.
This semester I have been noticing that I've been growing a lot, as a musician. My voice is developing so much, compared to last year, and I've become much more comfortable with just putting it all out there and not being afraid of singing the wrong note or having my voice crack. That, in return, has allowed me to support myself fully while singing, which causes a stronger sound to be created and avoids any mishaps. It's just one large never-ending cycle of affects; it's wonderful. Although I'll be done with completing the requirements for a music minor by the end of this school year, I want to continue with my voice lessons and I still want to be involved with choir. I just don't know if my schedule can handle it, and that would suck. We'll see how it goes, I still have time to figure it out. But, either way, I'm glad I've been able to stay involved with music throughout, at least, half of college.
I don't have much else to say. Just a random expression of my love for singing. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment