Saturday, March 24, 2012

Singing

Watching people perform always makes me want to sing more. There are moments when I realize how large of a role music has played in my life. Sometimes, I miss my voice lessons - and then I realize how ridiculously busy I am and that there is no way I could keep up with lessons, if I had them, this semester. Next year will be a strange year. It will be the first time that I won't be singing in choir or taking private lessons since...well, since I can remember. Wow, I just realized that I have always been singing. Whether it be my grade school/high school choirs, the Los Angeles Children's Chorus, musical theatre productions, or private lessons, I literally haven't gone more than several months without singing in a formal setting. The longest I've gone without it was this past year, from the beginning of summer until the beginning of this semester in January, and that time away from music made me realize how much I really do enjoy it. There's just no way my schedule can handle the commitment next year and that's kind of sad. Let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment