Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wasted Money and Lost Jewelry

Tomorrow, we're going to Budapest. As I was checking things for our trip earlier today, I noticed something funny on my train ticket: it's valid from 14 September to 16 September 2011, not October. I freaked out, asked Rachael if hers is the same and it is. It's the same for Belle and Kelly, too. Cool, the guy at the station screwed up our ticket dates and they're no longer valid. Except, our seat reservation is for the correct date, so how the heck did they mess that up? Rachael and I went to the Wien Westbanhof station to exchange our tickets. Unfortunately, we can't do it for free. The tickets that we have (the wrong ones) were sold on a special and that special was only valid for those days and doesn't apply to this weekend. Now it's costing us 44 Euro to go (the initial tickets were only 29 Euro) and they can't give us a refund for our old tickets here. They give us a number to call so we can ask what to do for a refund, but it's not guaranteed that we'll even get our money back. So, now a trip that should have only cost 44 Euro is costing 73 Euro. Awesome.
Then, after all this drama and my frustration, we're on our way back home and I realize that my earring is no longer on my ear. Cool, I lost one of my favorite earrings on this wonderful day. This is the third piece of jewelry I've lost in Europe. First, it was my Peace Chain necklace that mysteriously disappeared in Greece. The only time I took it off was in our private hostel room in Paros. So I seriously have no idea what happened to that and how I lost it...Then, it was one of my rose earrings at a club. Whatever, both of those things were fairly cheap and I had had those rose earring for like 6 years; I definitely used them to their worth. But this earring that I just lost belonged to one of my favorite pairs. And I got it from the Oregon Country Fair and they were not cheap. They're hand made and just hippie enough for me. UGH. I know it's dumb to be so distraught over losing an earring, but after having just spent so much extra money, this sucks more than it should and I'm just not in the mood to deal with this.


I'll write a happy post in here soon enough...I went back to Salzburg to do The Sound of Music tour this past weekend, so that was definitely an awesome experience! And hopefully actually being in Budapest tomorrow will make me feel better about today. I promise, happy posts are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment